
I started to incorporate elements such as small bulb lights and neon script, to try and bring some recognisable glamour of 1920s cinema to the design.
I also tried using the white backlit strips from classic cinema fronts (onto which black letters are stuck listing the films showing).
I also tried (in the bottom 2 sketches) to illustrate the Hollywood Hills and have the company name written across it.
I tried these ideas in several other sketches, however none of them managed to incorporate the 'arts house' idea, so (as in the bottom left sketch) I tried a dripping effect, as if the logo itself had just been painting and was dripping.

Some of these designs seem too busy with the lights, architecture element, neon and dripping. The amount of detail in these would not reduce to a small size well, as the detail would be lost.
- Go on to to create a simpler design
- Must try to incorporate art element